When selecting an appraisal firm, you should consider the following factors:
- Will the appraisal firm take the time to understand your business through discussions and site visits?
- Does the appraisal firm have the ability to meet your deadline?
- Does the appraisal firm have the resources available to understand your company’s industry and current market conditions?
- Does the appraisal firm have transaction experience allowing them to understand the market and how deals get done?
- Does the appraisal firm understand the accounting or tax rules which the valuation is intended to comply with?
- Will the appraisal firm apply a team of analysts and managers to be sure every perspective is considered?
- Does the appraisal firm have a good working relationship with your advisors (auditor, lawyer, etc.)?